imagine a muggleborn in hogwarts starts singing Bohemian Rhapsody under their breath and then another muggleborn notices and starts singing along
and then suddenly all the muggleborns in the area are belting out the lyrics and head banging and every single pureblood is left utterly confused
I bet Dumbledore would join in
OKAY SO MY MOM REALLY LOVES OLAF HES LIKE HER FAVOURITE FICTIONAL CHARACTER NOW AND IT SNOWED SOME GOOD PACKING SNOW TODAY AND SHE ASKED IF I WANTED TO BUILD HIM ONCE WE SHOVELED SO WE FUCKIGN DID.
the prince is awake
your shit is wrecked.
do you want to build a motherfucking snowman
thinking about the future and i feel like i’m gonna be sick
"THIS PICTURE WILL NOT CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT I STILL NEED FEMINISM AND I’M GOING TO REALLY, REALLY TELL YOU WHY":
-Because I got called a whore for wearing a short plaid skirt when I was 10
-and because when Nujood Ali from Yemen was 10 she got divorced
-Because black girls’ names became my classmates’ favorite “joke” when I was 11
-and because when an 11-year-old girl in Texas was raped by 18 men the New York Times wrote of how the girl “dressed older than her age”
-Because I started counting calories when I was 14
-and because when Malala Yousafzai was 14 she was shot in the head for trying to go to school
-Because I heard a boy greet a girl with “hey slut” today at age 16
-and because when a 16-year-old girl in Steubenville, Ohio was filmed being raped by two boys at a party while unconscious the CNN reporters talked about how tragic it was because the rapists had such bright futures as athletes
-Because I will have to watch my drink at all bars and parties when I am 22
-and because when CeCe McDonald was 22 she was sentenced to 41 months in prison for defending herself against a man who screamed transphobic, racist insults at her and then slashed her face with a bottle
-Because no matter what age I am the biggest threat to men will still be heart disease, and the biggest threat to women will still be men.
-Because it is not just about me, because it is not just about anger, because it is not just a JOKE, because it is not just about “hating men,” because it is not just about girls with vaginas, because it is not just about ending “slut”, because it is not just about white straight girls in Rookie magazine, because it is not just about writing on backs, because it is not just about the fact that gay men are “fags” but lesbians are “hot,” because it is not just about pictures of thin white girls being the only google image results for the search phrase “beautiful women”, because it is not just about writing signs, because it is not just about what she was wearing or how many times she said yes before she changed her answer to no, because misogyny is not just about one thing and feminism is not just about one thing and it is not just “a trend” and it will not “happen” in just one way.
-And because yes. It is about equality for EVERYONE, but first and foremost it needs to be about equality for girls, because they are not treated equally to men, in every single sense, and you are not going to take feminism away from me and call me bossy/hostile/aggressive and make this about yourself or make it into a joke, because truth be told, I’m not joking and I’m tired of explaining. If you want to call yourself a feminist, you work hard to spread feminism, you do not turn this into a contest of whose struggle is greater and constantly demand to know what you can get out of feminism personally. Feminism is not just about you, or me, it is about everyone. If you’re male and you’re tired of men being stereotyped as hyper-masculine, soulless, sexist, inherent leader-tyrant creatures, then go out and prove the patriarchy wrong and fight for girls, like someone with a soul who believes in equality would. Then, yes, feminism will be about everyone.
-Sylvie (an amazing grrrl godess)
Photo taken by Caroline http://c-h-0-w.tumblr.com/
i usually don’t reblog these things but this said everything perfectly, holy hell
HEY! THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ BELOW.
I went to a self defense class, and they basically said walking with your keys between your hands is super ineffective because if you actually go at your attacker with them, they’ll just collapse back into your hand. Instead of holding them in between your fingers, please, please, please hold your biggest key (such as a car key) in your hand, and if an attacker comes at you, aim for their eyes.
Other important things I learned:
- If an attacker has you in a choke hold, grab his pinkies and rip
- If someone is trying to rape you, cross your legs for dear life. Seriously, your legs are super strong and they’ll have to use their hands to pull them apart, effectively unpinning you.
- If they get in between your legs, kick on their kidneys, hard. Their kidneys located where the indention of your hips would be, kinda. Just kick their back.
- If a someone grabs your arm, aim for their nipple or arm pit and pinch and twist
- If at all possible, do not kick them in the groin- if you do, they may buckle over and if they are coming from in front of you they may fall on top of you
Other than that, great post OP! Sorry for adding this somewhat irrelevant commentary, but I hope it might help someone in the future.
We need feminism cause we still need this information and pay attention to them with dear life
i was a good student until the crushing weight of reality shattered my hope for the future
oh tumblr with your superlock and dr. natural and sherwho xD
Oi, anon, get out of our fandoms
BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING BABY HUSKY HOWLING
1. FOOD: If you want to come at me about “how much I eat”, you need to provide an exact food diary of everything I ate in the past week, (not just what it was, but how much and when). Then you also need to provide at least 36 examples of thin people eating the same amounts/foods, and write a 10 page paper on why you don’t attack them, only me, and then provide 8 medically accurate and unbiased documents proving without a SHRED of doubt that these thin people eating the same amounts/things are as healthy/healthier than me.
2. HEALTH: if you want to come at me about my health/that I’m going to die, you need to provide me with full professional doctors papers, PhD and all, as well as MY individual health records, and at least 12 UNBIASED research papers done by reputable doctors (dr. phil does not count)
3. APPEARANCE: If you want to come at me about how I look to you, I am going to need a minimum of 245 photos of you, from all angles, with/without make up/beards/whatever, and you’re going to need to explain in a 12 page paper, single space, size 8 font, what it is about YOU and YOUR LOOKS that gives you the right to judge anyone else. Remember, I said looks only. I don’t give a flying fuck if you once helped someone move to a new apartment, this isn’t about nicest personality, this is about looks as you made it clear in attacking me for it.
Finally, and this is the most important rule of all,
4. WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THESE PAPERS, PHOTOS, AND FOOD DIARIES?
I need you to follow the below diagram, before ever coming to me with any of the above
Thank you. Have a nice day.
Laverne Cox’s mother, Gloria, on her advice for parents of LGBTQ children.When asked what it has been like for her, Gloria responded, “Understanding, and praying, and talking, and continuing to talk. And, most of all, love.”
As for her advice to parents of LGBTQ children, Gloria said, "Listen. Listen to your children, take note of actions, and talk. Open dialogue…that’s the most important thing."
This is the extremely upsetting truth about baby carrots.